Katy Moffatt is an American musician, lyricist, composer, vocalist. She is the sister of country singer-songwriter Hugh Moffatt.
Moffatt started performing her songs at college in Santa Fe and formed a band with Mary Flower and Randy Handley after moving to Denver in 1971. She became popular on the local scene and signed a solo deal with Columbia in 1975.
Here at mid-price we bring you her first two albums, Katy and Kissin’ In The California Sun, the latter featuring members of The Allman Brothers. During the Columbia years Moffatt frequently opened for the likes of Charlie Daniels, Warren Zevon, and Muddy Waters. She also worked with Willie Nelson and Andrew Gold, and toured with J.D. Souther and The Allman Brothers.
In 1985 she received the Academy of Country Music nomination for Best New Female Vocalist.
1. Can't Help Lovin' That Man
2. I Can't Sleep
3. Ninety Miles An Hour (Down A Dead-End Street)
4. Easy Come, Easy Go
5. Closer To My Melody
6. You Done Me Wrong
7. Another Magic Moment In Show Biz
8. Last Night I Fell In Love With You Again
9. I Can Almost See Houston From Here
10. She Calls Me "Baby"
Kissin’ In The California Sun
11. Kissin' In The California Sun
13. Didn't We Have Love
14. Up On The Roof
15. I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love
16. Walking After Midnight
17. Kansas City Morning
18. Saved By The Grace Of Your Love
19. (Waitin' For) The Real Thing
20. Take Me Back To Texas
Album Review - RnR March 2019